Cover following dental injury or dental emergency
As a mandatory part of your dental payment plan, Denplan arranges Supplementary Insurance for you.
It provides you with cover towards the cost of eligible dental treatment received as a result of a dental injury or dental emergency, both in the UK and abroad.
What's included in the cover
Your Supplementary Insurance cover provides you with the following benefits:
- Emergency dental treatment when away from your own dentist
- Treatment following a dental injury
- Out of hours consultation for a dental emergency or dental injury
- Hospital cash benefit
- Overseas emergency dental treatment
- Mouth cancer cover
What's not included in the cover
- Dental treatment which was prescribed, planned or taking place at the start of your Supplementary Insurance
- Emergency dental treatment within 40 miles of your registered dentist
- Permanent treatment in a dental emergency that is not pre-authorised by Denplan
- Dental injury from contact sports unless using appropriate mouth protection
- Implants (unless you registered for Dental Implant Upgrade Cover), cosmetic treatment or any treatment not deemed to be clinically necessary
- Mouth cancer diagnosed, or where consultation and tests commenced, before or within 90 days of joining Denplan
For further details of the benefits, limitations and exclusions of the cover, please refer to the policy document.