Our great Academy Team will be presenting this session. For their individual biographies please visit their website.
This session will cover some of the essential things you need to know in your day to day role as a Practice Manager which include, recruitment, inductions, appraisals as well as staff training.
Aims and Objectives
To look at the role of the Practice Manager in developing a strong and motivated team. From the very first stages of recruitment and induction to continuing development through training and appraisals. Managers will focus on the role they play in all stages of developing their team.
• Considering the legal and best practice guidelines for successful recruitment and interviews.
• Identify the key components of a successful induction.
• Explore the options for training and development for all team members and how managers can play a leading role in the team’s ongoing development
• Tips on how to create, manage and hold meaningful appraisals including rewarding success and handling underperformance.
By the end of the module, participants will:
• Have a greater understanding of the role they as managers can play in their team’s development
• Gain confidence in dealing with all aspects of employment from managing new recruits to appraising existing team member’s performance.
• GDC development outcomes B, D