Fears of litigation and heavy regulation have been found to be the most stressful aspects of being a dentist1.
Working on a private basis with Denplan will reduce this regulation, so you can have better control of your practice
The volatile economic climate and falling NHS incomes are an increasing worry for practices. In fact, a recent survey by the BDA reveals that 79% of dentists are likely or extremely likely to face financial difficulty in 3-6 months, due to the pandemic3.
Working with Denplan will give you the flexibility to set your own fees. And there’s no clawback for under or over performance against targets, so you can enjoy a regular, reliable income.
Our research shows that 89% of private dentists say that more time with patients is a benefit of private practice4.
Your patients truly value your advice, and we know that sometimes it can be hard to dedicate enough time to addressing their worries. With less regulation, you can have more time for patient care, when you work with Denplan.
Dentists who spend more time on NHS, rather than private work, tend to work longer hours per week and take less annual leave2.
Going private with Denplan allows you to ditch the painstaking paperwork so you can redress your work-life balance; whether you want more time for CPD, to spend with your family, or just to enjoy a break from work.
Crucially, in private practice with Denplan, your patients can have more time with you. Helping them understand treatments and providing advice for preventative oral health is all possible with lengthier consulting times.
Sadly, more than a third of people have sacrificed dental check-ups for financial reasons5. With a Denplan payment plan, they can spread the costs of treatment, benefit from routine checks, and access other treatments when they need to.
When patients are enabled to visit you regularly, their overall health can benefit too. Not only is a proactive approach beneficial for oral health, it can also help identify when there might be other more serious health problems happening.
Working with Denplan will give you access to practical advice and support from our experienced team. Our Business Development Consultants can help you to achieve your business goals, grow your practice, and retain patients.
They can also provide tailored marketing support to help you promote your practice to reach new patients, and much more.
1. More than half of dentists say stress is affecting their practice. Br Dent J 226, 7 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.2019.18
2. Dentists' Working Patterns, Motivation and Morale -2018/19 and 2019/20, NHS Digital: https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/publications/statistical/dental-working-hours/2018-19-and-2019-20-working-patterns-motivation-and-morale
3. Investigation into the resilience of mixed NHS/Private dental practices following the first wave of the COVID-19 Pandemic, British Dental Association: https://bda.org/advice/Coronavirus/Documents/Investigation-into-the-resilience-of-mixed-dental-practices-following-the-first-wave-of-the-COVID-19-pandemic.pdf
4. Dentists –the journey to private practice. NHS and Private dentists: reasons for remaining in the NHS; benefits of private practice and support to move, Dynata& Simplyhealth 2018
5. Oral Health Foundation, 2019: https://www.dentalhealth.org/news/increasing-costs-provoke-fall-in-dental-visits